Presentation of the Department for Teacher's Training (DTT)
DTT is an autonomous academic structure, subordinated to the University Senate, set up by Ministerial Order 3969/30.05.1997, qualified to provide initial, psycho-pedagogic and didactic, theoretical and practical training of the students and academic system's graduates with the view to obtaining the right to teach in the educational system.
- DTT's OPERATIONAL PLAN 2008-2009
a) DTT is also qualified to organise activities in the scope of the periodic in-service teacher training, of the professional promoting through the system of awarding the didactic grades, as well as through specific scientific research and technological development activities, according to the internal law and regulations of each university. DTT can candidate, under its own aegis, for the competition or the research financing through grants and contracts organized by CNCSIS.
- b) DTT disposes of a Centre of analysis and pedagogic development with the view to developing and implementing the technologies specific to the university education and to the quality pedagogic management in the University of Piteşti.
- c) DTT disposes of a Cabinet of educational counselling for the didactic career with the view to counselling young students for their orientation in their career of future teachers and to as well as counseling teachers during the programmes of continuous training.
DTT's mission has three components:
- a) initial training for the didactic profession of the students and, depending on the case of the graduates of the academic system, with the view to acquiring the competencies and official certification necessary for the filling the didactic jobs in the pre-university and university education;
- b) continuous training and teaching staff training perfecting, through MA study, as well as through the organization of the training courses and examinations in order to obtain the didactic grades in the pre-university education;
- c) scientific, theoretical and applicative research, in the field of education sciences, in accordance with the perfecting neccessities of the education process and with the evolution perspectives of education and of education sciences on national and European level.
In order to achieve its mission, DTT has the following objectives:
- a) to ensure high quality psychological and pedagogic, didactic and practical training, in accordance with the present and perspective directions in the field of educational technology, curriculum practice and theory, learning psychology, information and communication technology, projection and evaluation in terms of quality and efficiency of the educational process;
- b) to accomplish a formative and modern training, student-centred and pragmatically oriented towards the real needs of the Romanian school, within the European integration context;
- c) to organize study programmes in the scope of the teaching staff continuous training according to the requirements of a modern and an efficient education;
- d) to involve students in research activities, in elaborating studies on present themes of pedagogy, education psychology, specialty didactics and other sciences involved in the educational process;
- e) to accomplish research programmes in the education sciences, oriented towards fundamental themes and present priorities of the education systems development and processes and of the European integration of the pedagogical training programmes.
Director: lecturer dr. Liliana Ezechil
- Piteşti, Arges - 110062, Republicii Blvd. No. 71, 3rd floor
- Phone/fax : +4.0348.453.431
- Email: contact @dppdpitesti.ro